This weeks recipe was yet again sparked by one of the girls I work with. Like I said before we talk about food all the time. The sad part is that we are all trying to lose weight. But hey, it's hard to try and be skinny when you love to cook and eat delicious foods especially desserts :) This recipe is pretty easy to make. The topping takes a little more patients but if it turns out right it's wonderful. I hope you enjoy!!
- 1 box (17.6 oz) brownie mix
- 1 tspn coconut extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 5 tbspn unsalted butter
- 1 can (5oz) evaporated milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup coconut
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 tspn vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Line a 9x13 pan with foil or coat with non-stick cooking spray
- In large bowl stir together brownie mix, egg, water, oil, and coconut extract until smooth
- Stir in coconut, chopped nuts and chocolate chips
- Pour into pan. Spread to edges
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until center is set
- Cool before putting on the topping
- In a small sauce pan combine sugar, butter, evaporated milk, and egg yolks.
- Cook over medium heat whisking until bubbly and thickened (9-13 min) **Make sure to stir the egg yolks in very well at first and keep stirring them because if you don't you will end up with scrambled eggs in your topping.
- Stir in coconut, nuts, and vanilla
- Cook 2 more minutes
- Pour over prepared brownies and cool