The first cookie that I made are called Cocoa Chocolate Chip Cookies. They are a chocolate lovers dream!!
2/3 cup butter softened½ cup canola oil
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 package 3.9oz instant chocolate pudding mix
3 tablespoons water
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 package mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In large bowl, beat the butter, oil and sugars until blended. Beat in eggs. Beat in pudding mix and water. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the chocolate mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll into 1-inch balls. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 9-11 minutes or until set and edges are firm. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
1 cup butter flavored shortening
2 cups white sugar
1 ½ teaspoon vanilla
3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 pinch of salt
1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together the shortening and 2 cups sugar until smooth. Stir in the eggs, one at a time, then the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt in separate bowl; stir into mixture alternately with buttermilk until well blended. Place big heaping spoon fulls(be careful the get bigger so if you want big use the big heaping spoon fulls) onto prepared cookie sheets about 3 inches apart. Sprinkle with sprinkles if desired.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven, until edges begin to turn golden brown. Remove from baking sheet to cool on wire rack. When cool, store in an airtight container.
Cookies:1 Cup butter (don’t use Margarine)
1 egg yolk
1 cup plus 2 tablespoon flour
½ cup corn starch
½ cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
12 teaspoon salt
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoon butter or margarine softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
2-3 teaspoons milk
2 candy canes finely crushed/ or Andie's Peppermint baking chips (that's what I used and were amazing)
- In large bowl, beat 1 cup butter and egg yolk with electric mixer on medium speed. Stir in remaining cookie ingredients. Cover; refrigerate about 1 hour or until firm. (only took about 30 min for me)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. On ungreased baking sheet, place balls about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until set but not brown. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix all frosting ingredients except candy canes with spoon until smooth and spreadable. Frost cookies; sprinkle with candy canes.
Stay tuned for a couple more recipes hopefully to be made by Friday!