This recipe is really good if you are in need of a rather quick meal, something that is kid friendly, or an easy dish to take to a pot luck. It does take 30 minutes to bake but only a few minutes to throw together. We have been making it for years and it's always a big hit. Last week I took it to a dinner that our church does for some local college students and they ate every last bite of it. I hope you enjoy.
- One (6oz) package of Chicken flavored stuffing mix
- 1-1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite sized pieces ***Make sure chicken is completely thawed out so that it cooks completely through***
- One can of cream of chicken soup
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 package (16oz) of frozen mixed vegetables (thawed out)
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar or Colby Jack cheese- Optional
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Prepare Stuffing mix as directed, set aside.
3. Mix remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl. (Chicken, soup, sour cream, vegetables)
4. Pour mixture into a greased 9x13 baking dish and spread evenly
5. Spread stuffing mix evenly over top of chicken and vegetable mixture
6. Put in oven and bake for 30 minutes.
7. After it is done baking for 30 minutes if you would like to add some grated Cheddar or Colby Jack cheese over the top of the dish and bake for 5 more minutes to melt the cheese.
8. Eat Up!!